Monday, December 6, 2010

Diffusion & Osmosis Lab!!! YAY!!!

Whoo! So exciting!!!
 So...... The day we started our diffusion and osmosis lab i was so excited, until the next day i was to sick to even get out of bed!!! That resulted in me not seeing the results of our experiment. So sadly I did absolutely terrible on our 3 question quiz!!! So in this post I'm going to make up for it by showing you what I really do know and understand about this topic!!! =)
My group and I started out by filling a cup full of distilled water, then added about 4mL of IKI (iodine) and tested the brownish solution with an indicator strip. Our strip came up with a green turquoise result meaning there was no glucose present. We then took a dialysis tube, tied one end of it, and filled it with about 15mL of 15% glucose/1% starch solution. The glucose, starch solution was clear in color but apparently tested positive for glucose. We took the tube and tied the other end of it and placed it in the IKI solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment